I’m suppose to be sleeping now but I was startled by a large cockroach in bed with me for the second time this morning and so I’m done with my bed. Luckily Sam hadn’t left yet and he had his shoes on so he was able to kill it for me.
I’m feeling really bad that I didn’t keep my camera closer to me this week. For our fun activity this Friday I took the children to the lake that is about 30 minutes north of us. We had a really great time. There were lots of fish in the water, big birds flying around, and little frogs along the shore for the children to chase. I have also learned an interesting reality: No one looks good in a bathing suit. Especially a bikini. I know this may be a shock to some of you, but I was observing the other people on the beach and they looked flabby, dimply, and large. I didn’t realize how skinny they actually were until they put their beach cover-ups on. Scott actually observed this. He looked at me in my swimming suit and said, “Wow Mom! You look larger!” Okay maybe I’m just being a bit sensitive. Maybe he realized what he said because he tried to cover up with, “well, maybe just stronger, and bigger like you could save someone.” I just wanted to put this in for all those ladies out there that cringe at the thought of putting on a swimming suit. It is a thought that makes me braver every time I hesitate to get in the water and have fun with my family and friends.
We came home from the lake and while we were still in our bathing suits we filled 100 water balloons for the Primary activity Saturday morning. Sam was at the hospital Friday night. So we had home made mac and cheese and I stayed up late working on Primary things. Oh, I’ve been called as the Primary Secretary. I’m so excited to be able to do all the things I wanted to have done, but couldn’t do while I was president.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment