Sunday, August 10, 2008

Last week of summer vacation

I feel like we have been successful in having as much fun as we could handle during our last week with Scott home for the summer. Monday I did laundry, but my wonderful children went out into the 90+ weather with me so I could do a four mile run. Scott was a trooper. Abigail and Allison both fell asleep, but Scott stuck with me. We took several water breaks. Before you worry about heat stroke I’ll tell you that we keep our thermostat at 85 degrees in our home and turn it down to a chilly 80 degrees at night. Just this afternoon we came home from church and the children and I were shivering and grabbing blankets because the air had been left at 80 degrees from last night. My point is simply that we have definitely acclimatized to our habitat. Tuesday I let the children play in the water while I lifted weights outside then they went on a bike ride. It was over 100 degrees that afternoon, but the children still biked about two miles in the heat. I pushed Allison on the push tricycle that we have. Wednesday morning when I got up at 5am for my run it was 80 degrees already. Getting groceries was tricky that day in 100+ weather. I was glad we didn’t live more that 5 minutes from Walmart and Sam’s club. Thursday we had a wonderful day at the lake and felt bad for Sam who had to stay at the hospital. Our friends took us on their pontoon boat that could fit 14 adults. I have decided that that is the way to go if you buy a boat! Thursday evening was the Open House for Scott’s school. I am already very impressed with his school. Friday I took the children to the library and we spend the afternoon at the Science Center. Saturday was Sam’s day off this month. He was able to sleep in a little, but we left the house a little after 8am so that we could go to the Columbia, South Carolina temple. We took the children. I did initiatories first and then Sam did a session. There is a really big park right next to the temple that made this much easier. I am sad to see our summer with Scott over, but hope I can make the most of my last year with Abigail at home.

1 comment:

Suzie said...

Hey Verina, This is your cousin Suzie. Email me at paul.suzie@gmail.com & I'll send you an invite to my blog. You are amazing with your workouts! Also, I have a WONDERFUL friend who lives in Columbia SC. Her husbands landscaping company does the grounds work there, so next time you go, let me know ahead of time & perhaps I could arrange a babysitter for you so you both could do a session.