Thursday, April 30, 2009

Michael Ross Scroggins

Michael came hours after I stopped talking to Arletta and Claire on the phone and boo-hooing about how the baby was never going to come. He is very healthy. The children are thrilled to have him here. Abigail is the best baby monitor ever. She gives us a play-by-play of his moves and facial expressions. The only thing harder than listening to a baby cry is to have three other children screaming, "the baby is crying!" "the baby is hungry!" and "the baby wants you!" Luckily Michael is spending more time sleeping than crying these days. Yesterday Abigail wanted to play with the baby. She laid a blanket on the floor so I could put him on it. Then she got the soft bowling penguins and ball that Grandpa and Grandma Scroggins gave Allison. She lined them all up inches away from Michael and then "helped" him play bowling with her. She was so animated and patient with her little brother. I chose to enjoy watching her instead of getting the camera. Sorry! The first thing Scott wants to do when he gets home from school is hold baby Michael. Allison is much less interested in the new baby and seems to be glad for a distraction so she can spend more time unloading and reorganizing any drawers and bags that she decides needs a thorough perusal. Sam is being a great Dad. I am so glad he has this week off to help me. I love sleep, leftovers from the dinners that have been brought, and yoga. How did mothers survivor pregnancy and postpartum body changes without yoga?!

5 comments:

Suzie said...

What a sweet baby!

dippyrooroo said...

Congrats!!! Isn't it so nice to finally have that baby in your arms! Your kids are all so beautiful! What brand of jogging stroller did you decide to get? I've had my eye on a Schwin, but I can't decide if it's really worth the moo-lah.

Kara said...

Your baby is so cute! So you have boys that are named "Mike and Scott"? Next comes Kevin!

Ben and Sabrina said...

I've got to admit, the scariest picture that you posted of your family holding Micheal is Sam! HEHE! Baby Micheal looks great and I'm so glad to hear that your kids like having him there. by the way, you need to tell me about these postpartum yoga moves you're doing.

Jenn C said...

Wow! What a cute baby boy! Pierce loved Sam's football pic! I need to check your blog daily with all the changes in your family! Congratulations on everything; your girls are beautiful-I loved your b&w pix; and tell Scott hi from Draven!
-Jenn