
Sam and I went for a short walk in our neighborhood yesterday and it was actually pleasant to be outside. I mentioned this to Sam and he said, “Its horrible!” “What!” I don’t know what is wrong with him. “Sam, why are you contradicting me and being disagreeable. All I‘m doing is commenting on an obviously beautiful day.” Sam is not phased. “You don’t understand Verina. I don’t want nice weather on trauma weekend people go outside and do stupid things and then I have to fix them.” A short lecture on being optimistic and enjoying good things followed. Then a fifteen second pause. A fast vehicle was approaching. We call to Abigail on her bike to stay close to the side of the road. As if to prove Sam right (again) an ATV goes flying by with one unhelmeted teenager driving and three, THREE, more unhelmeted (of course) youth clinging to the speeding vehicle. I wanted to scream at them for their stupidity and of course for proving Sam right. That is not the kind of job insurance Sam needs.
Yesterday Allison in a tone that clearly showed she was impressed said, "Wow Mom your BIG!" Nothing like a two year old compliment. 
1 comment:
Love your pictures Verina!
Post a Comment